Finance Minister Delivers Insurance Bill 2013 12 Jun 2013
Government moves to settle outstanding collective agreements 10 Jun 2013
Finance Minister on Auditor General's 2012 Report:- Weaknesses Being ... 28 May 2013
Statement by Minister of Finance and the Economy on France's Blacklisting ...
Statement by the Honourable Minister of Finance and the Economy on the ... 17 May 2013
New CAL Chairman Appointed 13 May 2013
HR Upgraded...V2K13 And Beyond 29 Jan 2013
Road to Economic Recovery: Remarks by Finance and the Economy Minister at ...
IMF Concludes Article IV Mission to Trinidad and Tobago 5 Nov 2012
Caribbean Competitive Forum: A Solution Agenda to Key Competitiveness ... 29 Oct 2012
Changing the Landscape of Regulation 4 Oct 2012
Address to The Greater Tunapuna Chamber of Industry and Commerce
Senator the Honourable Vasant Bharath
Minister in the Ministry of Finance and the Economy
Minister Bharath assumed his position as Minister in the Ministry of Finance and the Economy on July 4th, 2012. He comes from an international corporate background with a record of achievement in complex and culturally diverse business transformations. He began his political career by becoming the Parliamentary Representative for St Augustine in November 2007. Minister Bharath is also the present Minister of Trade, Industry and Investment.
Minister Bharath's prolific corporate career spans various sectors, including:
- Financial Director John Dickinson Limited
- Managing Director, Agostini Industries Limited
- Chief Executive Officer, National Flour Mills Limited
- Directeur Generale Thomas Cook Europe, where he was responsible for launching the world's first interactive website for the purchase of foreign exchange
- Head – Global Marketing, Gulf Oil, where he was responsible for the marketing functions of 55 countries
- Senior Consultant in the Privatisation of Air India and Indian Airlines
- Chief Executive Officer Nutrimix Flour Mills Ltd.
Minister Bharath's Board appointments have included:
- Caribbean Industrial Research Institute (CARIRI)
- Trinidad and Tobago Bureau of Standards (TTBS)
- Trinidad and Tobago Manufacturers' Association (TTMA)
- Chairman of the Board of the Public Transport Service Corporation (PTSC)
He is a Chartered Accountant by profession (FCCA) and holds a Master's Degree in Law (LLM) specializing in Intellectual Property Rights as well as a Master's Degree in Business Administration (MBA) specializing in International Marketing.
The Honourable Rudranath Indarsingh
Minister of State in the Ministry of Finance and the Economy
Minister of State in the Ministry of Finance and the Economy, Rudranath Indarsingh has always been driven by his passion for the growth and development of people.
He began his career as an educator, after which he was employed with the All Trinidad General Workers’ Union. There, he made meaningful contributions towards the interests of the union members. Since then, he has been in the service of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago serving in 2002 as a temporary Opposition Senator.
Minister Indarsingh has served as the Minister of State in two key ministries - Ministry of Labour and Small and Micro Enterprise Development 17th January 2011 – 26 June 2011 and Ministry of Works and Transport May 28th 2010 – 16th January 2011.