Distribution of Shares under the initial Public Offer of First Citizens ... 27 Jan 2014
Feature Address by the Minister of Finance and the Economy on the ... 16 Jan 2014
Successful Re-negotiation of Double Tax Treaty will deliver Benefits 15 Jan 2014
2013 Financial Intelligence Unit of Trinidad and Tobago Annual Report
First Meeting of the Social Dialogue Task Force 15 Jan 2014
FIU's 2013 Annual Report 27 Nov 2013
Address by the Minister of Finance and the Economy at the Launch of the ... 26 Nov 2013
Address by the Minister of Finance and the Economy at the Launch of the ...
Standard and Poor's Ratings Services gives Trinidad and Tobago A/A-1 Rating 6 Nov 2013
Address by the Finance Minister at the T&T Coalition of Services ... 22 Oct 2013
NIB Euromoney Training -Pension Strategies 28 Aug 2013
Formal Opening of the Operations and Shared Services Company Limited
Public Private Partnership Launch
In This Section
- Income Tax
- Applying for BIR File and PAYE Number
- Applying for Tax Clearance Certificate
- Paying Your Taxes
- Registering for VAT
- Tax Evaluation of Non-Residents
- Reducing Taxes
- Paying Stamp Duty
- Making Tax Assessment Queries
- Changing your Name or Address at Inland Revenue
- Customs and Excise
- Central Tenders Board
- Clico / Bat Forms
- Corporate Governance
- CLICO Investment Fund
Tax Clearance Certificate
A Tax Clearance Certificate confirms that an individual or business is in compliance with government tax requirements. The certificate is issued by the Inland Revenue Division of the Ministry of Finance.
- When do I need a Tax Clearance Certificate?
- How do I apply?
- How much does it cost?
- Where can I find more information?
When do I need a Tax Clearance Certificate?
A Tax Clearance Certificate is required when tendering for government business contracts, and when seeking citizenship, residency, and the extension of work permits.
How do I apply?
You must complete an Application for Tax Clearance Form and submit it to one of the Inland Revenue Offices listed in the next section. Please follow the link at the end of this section to download an application form. You must also supply the following documents:
- Your Board of Inland Revenue (BIR) File Number. (All outstanding liabilities with the Board of Inland Revenue must be paid, or arrangements made for subsequent payment, before you can be issued a BIR file number. Please follow the link below for more information on obtaining a BIR File Number).
- One form of ID (Passport, National I.D. card or Drivers Permit).
- Tax Clearance Certificate Application Form
- Applying for a Board of Inland Revenue (BIR) File Number and Pay as you Earn (PAYE) Number
How much does it cost?
The fee for obtaining your Tax Clearance Certificate is TT$100.00. Payment may be made at the IRD Cashiers' Unit or at one of the offices listed above.
Where can I find more information?
For further information, please contact:
Office of the Permanent Secretary
Ministry of Finance
Eric Williams Financial Complex
Port of Spain
Trinidad, West Indies
Tel. (868) 627-9700 Ext 1009
Fax. (868) 627-6108
Opening hours: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday, except public holidays.