Statement by the Honourable Minister of Finance and the Economy on the ... 17 May 2013
New CAL Chairman Appointed 13 May 2013
HR Upgraded...V2K13 And Beyond 29 Jan 2013
Road to Economic Recovery: Remarks by Finance and the Economy Minister at ...
IMF Concludes Article IV Mission to Trinidad and Tobago 28 Dec 2012
Advisory to Holders of Government 11-20 Bonds (Bondholders) - Over the ... 5 Nov 2012
Caribbean Competitive Forum: A Solution Agenda to Key Competitiveness ... 29 Oct 2012
Changing the Landscape of Regulation
In This Section
e-Auction is a part of the strategic sourcing process. It is a procurement tool using web-based software that allows suppliers to bid online for a contract for the supply of goods or services. It is sometimes called a 'reverse auction' because bids are reduced and not increased as in a traditional auction. The objectve is typically to arrive at the lowest total cost as distinct from lowest price.
The e-Auction process has been piloted in the State Enterprises and has seen much success. The strategic plan for e-Auctions for the upcoming financial year will be scheduled structured events throughout the year. At this time, a Financial Expenditure Analysis is underway to assist in determining the items where greatest savings can be realized un the short term.
An eAauction for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for State Enterprises has just been completed showing initial savings of over 40% on traditional prices. Suppliers for these events also take advantage of the colloborative quantities of purchase through these eAuction Events.
State Agencies participating in the PPE E-Auctions were:
- Water and Sewreage Authority (WASA)
- Petroleum Company of Trinidad and Tobago (Petrotrin)
- South West Regional Health Authority (SWRHA)
- Evolving Tecknologies and Enterprises Company Limited (ETeck)
- Point Lisas Industrial Port Development Company Limited (PLIPDECO)
For further information persons can contact:
- Mr. Kwesi Riley - eAuction Manager/ email: email@example.com ;Phone: 627-9700 ext. 2514 Fax: 623-6338
- Photocopy Paper - Friday 8th April, 2011 (see product specification links below for event)
- Janitorial Equipment - Date to be Announced
- Computer Hardware and Software - Date to be Announced
- 27 Oct 2010: Tender for the Supply and Delivery of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- 11 Sep 2009: Auction Advertisement