All Non-Profit Companies incorporated under the Companies Act, Ch. 81:01, prior to 14th June 2019, must submit to the Registrar General the registration documents required under the Non-Profit Organisations Act, 2019, within twelve months of that date.
Registration of a Non-Profit Company under the Non-Profit Organisations Act, 2019
The Non-Profit Organisations Act, 2019 came into operation on 14th June, 2019, which states that a person shall not operate a Non-Profit Organisation (“NPO”) in Trinidad and Tobago unless the NPO is registered under the Non-Profit Organisations Act, 2019.
By virtue of its incorporation under the Companies Act, Ch. 81:01, a non-profit company is deemed to be duly registered as a NPO under the Non-Profit Organisations Act, 2019.
However, the following must be submitted to the Registrar General by the non-profit company:
- A completed registration form;
- A completed AML/CFT/PF Risk Assessment Questionnaire;
- A copy of photo identification of the controller of the NPO; and
- Where the non-profit company is exempt from corporation tax under section 6(1) of the Corporation Tax Act, Ch. 75:02, a copy of the letter of approval of the exemption granted by the Minister responsible for finance.
Forms and Rules
- Application for Registration – Form 1
- Application for Renewal of Registration – Form 3
- Notice of Change in the Particulars Registered by a Non-Profit Organisation – Form 4
- The Non-Profit Organisations (Prescribed Forms and Fees) Rules, 2019
AML/CFT/PF Risk Assessment Questionnaire
All forms can also be downloaded via the Ministry of the Attorney General and Legal Affairs website, using the following link: http://www.legalaffairs.gov.tt/companiesForms.htm