One of the core functions of the Financial Management Branch is that of reviewing and updating Financial Accounting and Management Systems in the Public Service. The services this Branch provides to its clientele are as follows:
1. Developing, implementing and monitoring financial management and accounting systems and procedures in the Public Service.
2. Investigating irregularities in the Financial Management and Accounting Systems.
3. Training and developing personnel in financial management and accounting systems and procedures in the Public Service.
4. Providing advice to Ministries and Departments and to the Public Accounts Committee (PAC) in financial and accounting matters.
5. Developing and monitoring Internal Audit Units in the Public Service.
6. Issuing instructions for the recovery of overpayments where appropriate and making recommendations for the write off of losses of cash and stores and overpayments where these are no longer recoverable.
7. Ensuring that Accounting and Administering Officers are appointed by the Minister of Finance.
8. Making recommendations to the Minister of Finance for opening Bank accounts and setting guidelines for the operation of public or official Bank accounts.