The Office Management Section of the General Administration Division is committed to provide and maintain a comfortable, safe and secure working environment as well as ensuring that officers have the required resources to facilitate the effective and efficient discharge of their responsibilities and duties.
Roles and Functions
- To provide and maintain a comfortable, safe and secure physical working environment;
- To procure and allocate financial and other resources and to ensure the optimal utilization of such resources.
The General Administration Division is further broken down into Sections to allow for a smooth execution of its roles and functions. These sections are:-
- Office Management;
- Accounts (Sub-Accounting Unit);
- Records Management and Registry.
General Administrative Matters:
- Upkeep, maintenance and security of the Finance Building in conjunction with the Building Management Unit;
- Provision, allocation and supervision of common services – telephone operator, receptionist, messenger, chauffeur services – for Offices located in the Finance Building;
- Secretariat for (a) Committee on the Disposal of Goods Seized by the Customs and Excise Division (b) Ministerial Tenders Committee (c) Heads of Divisions Meetings (d) Joint Consultative committee;
- Processing of applications for survivor’s benefits viz: one month’s salary as well as residue of pension in respect of deceased public officers;
- Processing of requests for compassionate travel allowance for officers of the Foreign Affairs Ministry posted abroad;
- Processing of nominations of officers to represent the Ministry on Cabinet appointed and other Committees;
- Processing complaints from members of the public and matters from the Office of the Ombudsman;
- Management and implementation of matters under the Freedom of Information Act;
- Processing of requests for expenditure under the Official Entertainment Vote of the Ministry;
- Preparation of Estimates of Expenditure for all items under the General Administration Vote except for Personnel Expenditure;
- Provision of advice to heads of Divisions on the Ministry as well as to other Ministries and Departments on the above related matters.
- Processing of all matters relating to the procurement, distribution and disposal of office supplies, furniture and furnishings and minor equipment for Divisions of the Ministry located in the Finance Building; maintaining of the inventory of furniture and equipment;
- Maintenance of and repairs to office equipment and furnishings for Divisions of the Ministry located in the Finance Building;
- Management of the telephone system in the Finance Building;
- Processing of travel arrangements for officers of Divisions located in the Finance Building;
Accounts (Sub-Accounting Unit)
- Processing of all bills, vouchers and invoices in respect of expenses incurred by Divisions of the Ministry located in the Finance Building;
- Requests for release of funds and transfer of funds;
- Preparation of Estimates of Expenditure for all items under the General Administration Vote except for Personnel Expenditure.
- The Freedom of Information Act 1999
- The Civil Service Act Chap. 23:01, Act 29 of 1965
- The Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Property Act 1 of 2015
The General Administration Division
Ministry of Finance
Level 7, Finance Building
Eric Williams Financial Complex
Office Management: (868) 612-9700, extensions: 1753-1754, 1757
Accounts (Sub-Accounting Unit): (868) 612-9700, extensions: 1733-1736
Records Management and Registry: (868) 612-9700, extensions: 1745, 1748-1749